blob: 02a3a418d0d49f333591b3b6d715f5d80b24ef59 (plain
* New upstream release
- Version 1.5 (13 January 2012)
- The utilities will now ask interactively for a password
if it was not provided with the -s command line option.
This avoids security problems related to shell history files.
- Support for octal and hexadecimal numbers has been added.
They can be used in both the records and selection expressions.
- It is now possible to select a given number of random records
in many of the utilities using the -m command line option.
- The -n option now accepts a list of indexes, supporting ranges.
- The new -U (uniq) option for recsel removes duplicated fields
in the output records.
- The new -q option allows to quickly search for the desired record
without having to provide a complete selection expression.
- Auto generated fields are now considered integers by default.
This avoids repetitive patterns involving %auto and %type.
- Tab characters are now allowed in blank lines betwwen records.
- The API in rec.h is now better documented with comments, and improved.
- recfix now exits with an error status
if there is a parse error in some input file.
- The usage of the internal data structures has been _vastly_ improved,
resulting in a much faster operation.
- Internal cleanup and code factorization.
- Many, many, many bug fixes :D
- commenting out "makedepends=(mdbtools)" for now
because the current "mdbtools" package from the AUR
is missing 'MDB_NOFLAGS' in the "mdbtools.h" file.
- all other dependencies to compile and run recutils
are already satisfied through the 'base' group.
* Added some examples
-- Sven Wick <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:04:02 +0100